now browsing by tag
Our 2018 Black Bear over bait hunt packets are now available
Bear Hunt Packet – Bear Packet
Bear Hunt Brochure – Brochure
Game Processing – D R Cutting Price Sheet
Taxidermist – DeLaites Taxidermy Brochure
This year we are offering both a Housekeeping Plan with hunters providing their own meals and American Plan hunts with all meals provided by a live in camp cook. Camps are limited to 4 hunters per week. The cost is $1200 for Housekeeping Plan hunts and $1450 for American Plan hunts, per hunter (Licenses not included) See our bear packet & brochure above for hunt details.
You will not find a better opportunity to hunt Maine black bears on a working salary…our motto is “For hunters, by hunters”
References are available. Contact us with questions or to secure a spot..
Returning client or are ready to book?
You can pay your deposit or book a specific week online here.
Applications must be completed by 11:59 pm (ET) on August 15, 2016.
A chance drawing will be held on September 9, 2016.
How to Apply for an Any-Deer Permit
There is no application fee to apply for an any-deer permit.
To apply for an any-deer permit, you must possess a valid Maine license to hunt big game. Exceptions: See Maine resident landowners. You may enter up to three (3) Wildlife Management District choices in order of preference.
Everyone is strongly encouraged to help the Department in its efforts to save money by applying for the any-deer permit lottery using the online application. The online application process is quick and easy. Applicants will get instant confirmation of their entry into the lottery.
Bonus Deer Permits
Bonus deer permits will only be awarded in WMD’s where there are more permits available than applications received. If you do not want to apply for an any-deer permit but would like to apply for a bonus deer permit should bonus permits be available, make sure you designate a WMD choice for a bonus deer permit. No WMD changes can be made after the drawing.
- A bonus deer permit entitles a hunter to an additional antlerless deer.
- Bonus deer permits are for antlerless deer only. An applicant may choose to apply for a bonus deer permit and not apply for an any-deer permit.
- Bonus deer permits will be distributed to hunters who applied for a bonus deer permit in the WMD where any-deer permits went unused. If selected to receive a bonus deer permit you will be notified by mail and there will be a $12.00 fee. Bonus deer permits can be paid for right up to the last day of the muzzleloading season on deer.
- Successful bonus deer permit applicants will be listed online with the any-deer permit and superpack deer permit winners.
- Bonus deer permits may be used at any time during the archery, expanded archery (designated areas only), firearm, or muzzle-loading seasons on deer, but only in the assigned WMD. Hunters are not required to fill their any-deer permit prior to using a bonus deer permit.
- Bonus deer permits are available to residents and nonresidents and will be allocated in the same proportion of residents to nonresidents as the regular any-deer permit drawing.
- Bonus deer permits may be transferred in the same manner as any-deer permits. The deadline for the bonus deer permit is the same as the any-deer permit.
Source: Maine.gov, Dept of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife