The Downeast Sunrise Multi-Use Rail Trail Now Open
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry sent this bulletin at 05/11/2017 08:17 AM EDT
One Trail Now Open: The Downeast Sunrise Multi-Use Rail Trail (DEST) from Ellsworth to Ayers Junction is the open for ATVs and other summer uses.
- Most of the DEST side trails are still posted for mud season.
- RESPECT the landowners and OBEY all signs.
- For more trail information visit: www.sunrisetrail.org or www.parksandlands.com.
- All other rail trails are still posted closed at this time.
- Please stay off all trails until we start opening them for the season.
- Generally opening will be some time in Mid to late May depending on conditions.
- Please check with the local clubs before trying to ride.
- For additional trail updates check with your local ATV club.
Maine ATV Trails – Find an ATV trail and get info on multi-use rail trails.